Thank you leftofplumb for nominating me for a Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award
It’s apparently for “up and coming” blogs – so I’ll take that as a nod of approval. It also means I get to return the compliment to other blogs that I read – networking with nice words. As with anything, certain conditions apply, including stating:
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I’m wearing plaid in most of my grade school class photos.
2. My first pet was a Siamese cat named Sua.
3. I went to 11 different schools as a child.
4. My first car was a blue Datsun B210.
5. I still know all the words to (and can sing) Black Sabbath’s “War Pigs”.
6. My one attempt at skydiving was scuppered because the pilot had an earache and couldn’t fly the plane.
7. I roast a mean chicken.
8. I can’t roll my ‘r’s which means any French accent I do sounds lame.
9. I was once in Toronto, Belfast, London and Paris all in the same week.
10. I travelled/backpacked through Greece on my own for three weeks.
11. I’m terrified of June bugs.
My answers to my nominator’s questions for her nominees:
- What is the oddest thing about your body? I have a mole on my neck.
- Who is at the top of your hallpass list? I’m not sure what this questions means.
- What is your favorite movie? It’s a Wonderful Life.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? Invincibility.
- Do you love what you do for a living? Yes. But I don’t like my job.
- If you had a full day completely to yourself, what would you do with it? Want to do something with family or friends.
- Are you a hugger? Yes.
- Buy it or make it? A bit of both.
- Sweet or salty? Salty.
- If your life were a movie, would it be comedy, drama, romance or inspirational? Comedy.
- If you could get on a plane right now, where would you go? Ireland.
My questions for my nominees:
1. What’s your favourite book?
2. Who’s your favourite author?
3. Skiing or snowboarding?
4. Cultural or shake and bake vacation?
5. Favourite place?
6. Air conditioning or au naturel?
7. City dweller, suburban or rural?
8. The most exotic place you’ve ever been swimming?
9. Who is your hero?
10. Which musical instrument do you play (or wish you could)?
11. The last live music performance you saw?
Now, bloggers, it’s your turn! Here’s what you do:
1. Add the award icon to your blog!
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you.
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you & create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award.
I’m going to bend the rules a bit and choose bloggers with around 200 followers (give or take). And I’m not going to pick 11. So, my nominees are…..
Thanks for many fine and inspiring posts.